Run by and for the refugee community, Afghan Association Paiwand Ltd is a charity and community organisation in North West London. For the last 16 years, we have helped refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants to build a happy life in the UK. Showing solidarity with both children and adults, we truly understand the unique and complex set of needs of this community.
Paiwand offers a range of services:
- Mental Health Advocacy and Counselling- our counsellors deliver free one-to-one counselling services and psycho-education support that respect and work with the cultural and linguistic needs of refugees and asylum seekers to overcome emotional hardship, build confidence, resilience, enjoy life and achieve their potentials.
- Community Advocacy- our services cover a variety of issues, including housing, welfare, health, and legal matters.
- Immigration Advice- our expert advisors can help with a range of immigration services, from EEA applications, to travel documents, Human Rights Issues and visas (etc).
- Youth Activity Projects- we provide an array of social opportunities for young people who may have trouble integrating upon arriving in the UK. We currently offer football, cricket, badminton and games clubs, as well as one-to-one mentoring for young refugees, asylum seekers, and unaccompanied minors in the UK.
- Education Project- we welcome every child, regardless of their background, ethnicity, or religion, our classes are vibrant and stimulating with a focus on both the National Curriculum and enrichments. We offer English, Maths, Drama, Music, and Language classes.
- Semi-Independent Accommodation- our team work hard to relieve the housing shortage for homeless young people aged 16 – 18 years old within refugee and ethnic communities in England.